Impossible to create a new database in information designer with any mysql database

Yannick BRES

Hello,

I try to create a new database in information designer (Spotfire 12.0.1.41) linked to a mysql database and I have always this error :

[tibcosoftwareinc][MySQL JDBC Driver]Connections to MySQL Community Server are not supported. Please contact MySQL to obtain a MySQL Enterprise or Commercial version.

Can anyone explain me the way to succeed because it's the same for any mysql database ?

Thanks

Edited by Yannick BRES

• Yannick BRES changed the title to Impossible to create a new database in information designer with any mysql database

Hi Yannick,

I'm not aware that you can't connect to a Community version of a data source in Spotfire.
Could you tell us the data source template is that you use to connect to MySQL? And can you also share the data source template content you are using?

Not sure if you know the below article, but you can find some MySQL data source templates there as well.

When it comes to ODBC connections to MySQL, I see that there are other options as well (see here). Would it be possible to check:
- if you can connect to MySQL via the ODBC way?
- if yes, which driver did you use?
- can you find the corresponding jdbc equivalent for the working ODBC driver (if not using the MySQL driver but another one) in the above mentioned article?

Kind regards,

David