Web Users Select Filtering Scheme

Richard Cope

My application has 4 filtering schemes.  However, on the web client in the filter pane, my standard users only see the filtering scheme I last saved with.  They don't have an option to select the filtering scheme. How do I enable that option?  (Or how, in some past incarnation, did I disable that option?)

hi Richard,

it's not super obvious, but Web Player users should be able to swap Filtering Schemes by right clicking on the "Filters" heading. is this function not working for your users?

alternatively, if you'd like the feature to be a little more explicit, you could use an IronPython script to control the Filtering Scheme through some Property Controls in a Text Area.

here's a screenshot of the right click functionality in Spotfire 14.4.0:

image.png.3dfabdc1dd09e51b4f007cb425641ce4.png

Thank you for your response, Niko.  This is a one-off request (I'm trying to find out if there is a hidden filter set for this user, as for some reason, they are not seeing any records on a table).  I don't have any right click functionality on the Filters heading.  Here is what I see

image.png.cbe849bc29e3ac08d423c8eb333e8502.png

hi Richard,

one other thing you can try is: in Analyst (not Web Player), right click the Filters heading and choose Manage filtering schemes..., then in the dialog that appears, click the eyeball icon so that it's not crossed through, like so: image.png.52c8be4cd7ca2099ebd050af57fe35f5.png

this should show a new "Filtering scheme" dropdown menu underneath the heading: image.png.27edaaae3147652772b5a388e4357643.png

if that doesn't work, can you confirm a couple of things, please?

1. is this affecting all users?
  2. are Administrator-level users affected also?
  3. what version of Spotfire are you using?
  4. what web browser are you using?
  5. are there any browser extensions installed?