Slow Spotfire on Teams Meeting sharing the screen on Windows with Analyst

Henry Heberle

What could be the reasons why our users face slowness with Spotfire when sharing their screen?

They report that the visualizations keep spining and don't show up fast enough for a presentation via MS Teams. They use Analyst to present analysis and change it as necessary during meetings.
We use dashboards with many pages and tables with many columns (a hundred), but not that many rows (a thousand). Pages are not so long, with maybe 2 to 4 visualizations picking a few columns (around 8 via trellis).

We are looking for a solution, tricks and tips on how to improve this by changing some settings on Windows, MS Teams, or Spotfire (v11).

Hi Henry,

When this happens, what is the usage of memory and CPU when presenting Spotfire in Teams?
From experience, I know that even with seemingly enough bandwidth, memory and CPU, video is freezing in Teams. So it might be possible that presenting Spotfire is suffering from the same (I almost always have to cut my video feed or else the whole Teams session freezes).

I assume that the without Teams, Spotfire is working properly? 
If that is the case, I would suggest to reach out to:
- internal IT to find out if Teams is being restricted;
- Microsoft to ask them if there are settings that can be tweaked to optimize Teams performance.

Kind regards,

David

• Thanks 1