Specific Fonts

Go to solution Solved by Christophe le lannou,

Hi,

I am trying to use some specific fonts in my Spotfire analysis. The users will access the analysis via their local browser. 

As per the support below, the fonts have been installed on the web server. However, I cannot be certain that every user will have the font installed on their local machine : Is there a way around it? Is it possible to bring the new fonts using @font-face for exemple?

Thanks for you help.

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/TIBCO-Spotfire-Web-Player-displays-a-different-font-than-what-was-used-in-the-TIBCO-Spotfire-Analyst

Hi Christophe,

I do recall a similar situation with one of my customers that had offices in multiple countries (and working with different 'locales').
If my memory don't play tricks with me, the solution we went for, was to install the fonts on the Spotfire server and/or nodes. As the users open a browser to access the analysis, they actually use the settings from that server side rather than their own local settings (unless they have changed it in their browser of course).

You may want to try this out and see if it works.

Kind regards,

David

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

I finally managed to load all my special fonts using CSS and @font-face. It seems to be working very well.

As the application is available via the intranet of my clients, I cannot guarantee that all the local computers will have the font downloaded locally.

Best,

Christophe