Update/input the dashboard on web - specific user

How can a specific user make an action in a dashboard (ideally via web) such that a document property gets a value, and the dashboard is updated instantly for all users … so if a different user opens the dashboard (on web) immediately after, the dashboard is already updated with that specific value in that specific document property without a new putting in production (web publishing)?

Concretely, I need a manager to validate some figures of a dashboard by clicking a button such that current date and time to be stored in a document property.

The thing is that I need that, after this action, the dashboard on web to be updated right away so the next user which is opening the dashboard will see that current date and time validation displayed somewhere.

The challenge is how to make the things possible instantly on web without a new web publishing.

If there is different way to do that and to get the same result be free to share that with me/us.

Thanks in advance,

Mihai

Hi Mihai,

I would suggest to use a two step approach.

The first step, is to define a data function that 'deals' with the updated document property. You can find that one here.
The second step, which uses the document property from the first step, is to attach an iron python script, that saves the dashboard in the library. That code can be found on our iron python scripting page.

You have to ensure, that the manager has the right privileges to save the dashboard in the library. And the 'other' thing you need to do, is to connect the iron python script to the document property. You can try to use the bullet points 3 / 5 in the article from step 1 to do so. But you can also connect the iron python script to a document property via the menu File>>Document Properties:
image.thumb.png.bfee3f6cf4e91c297df44f09f4c75038.png

Kind regards,

David