Dear, Please help urgently. I used the Fixed Nonlinear Regression option. I checked the SQRT(x) option in the menu. This resulted in the table shown in the picture. What is the mathematical form of the equation? Best regards. ZB

Hello Frederik, I use Tibico Statistica 14. I performed the analysis using the fixed non-linear regression option (Fig1) and turned on the option (Fig 2), I also sentFig4.jpg.3bf2b8b511d25e062dbba253c2aaf5a1.jpgFig3.jpg.57ae9c90b32254e99113ebf443ab8687.jpgFig2.jpg.6cab18490a717426f2f7666ec972eca6.jpgFig1..jpg.81be6379032ed74565b8b11b6718d66b.jpg the intermediate step fig 3. As a result, I got the table in Fig 4. The problem is that I do not know how to write a mathematical equation based on toga. Usually, the mathematical expression is written according to column b of the table in fig 4, but I don't know how to do it. I looked at the examples provided by Statistica, but they are too simple and I couldn't do it based on them. I hope it's clearer now.

Kind regards,

Zlatko

Hello Zlatko,

Here is an example that should help.

image(10).thumb.png.e1ab19546abfba82d6374186965df7f9.png 

Here is an example using SQRTV10 as a predictor. If you use the Predict Dependent Variable functionality and the values from the first case of the input data, you get the "Predicting Values for (HeartDisease)" spreadsheet at the bottom left, which shows how the regression coefficients (b) values map to the equation using the input values and how to transform the input value for the SQRT row before applying it in the equation. Then it shows how you mutliply the b * the values, add them together with the intercept, and get the predicted value (produced by this Summary Predictions spreadsheet if you click Ok on the dialog in the screenshot, which takes you to this screen:

image(11).png.8fbc35f040d3009c4605aabef0a822ef.png 

Hope this helps.

Mark

Thanks, Mark for your effort. I also have a spreadsheet for my case, but I don't know how to write a mathematical equation based on this spreadsheet. Could you please write a mathematical equation for the example you showed me in the last email? I know how to write part of the equation:

Sylstolic blood pressure = 142.8235 + 0.8504 * Tobacco Intake + 5.73 * LOL cholesterol + ?

So I don't know how to write the last part. I hope it's more evident to you what is bothering me.

Kind regards,

Zlatko

Hello Zlatko,

To finish what you are looking for, it is: Sylstolic blood pressure = 142.8235 + 0.8504 * Tobacco Intake + 5.73 * LOL cholesterol - 1.86195 * (SquareRoot(StressTypeABehavior))

StressType-A Behavior was V10 in the original dataset, so the Variable SQRV10 in the bottom left spreadsheet refers to the square root of that variable.

Hope this helps.

Mark